112 Where ARE U
112 Where ARE U
112 Where Are U is the app that calls the European Emergency Number 112, where the service is implemented, automatically sending your location information and all the other information you provided in the app.
The European Emergency Number 112 was created to provide all European citizens with a single number for their emergencies: Ambulance, Firefighters, Police can be alerted by the same PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point) and the service automatically locates you, for a rapid and accurate response.
- Where Are U sends your position to the 112 PSAP management software, allowing an accurate location, for a rapid response, when every second is important.
- 112 Where Are U stores your personal data, including ICE (in case of emergency) numbers, that can be called for you by the 112 PSAP operator, if necessary.
- Automatic location services are currently available here: https://where.areu.lombardia.it/demo. Wherever 112 Where Are U location services are not present, the app still allows normal emergency calls to the emergency numbers.
To be able to use 112 Where Are U location services, it is necessary to subscribe, using the app.
New in this version:
- 112 Where Are U has been completely redesigned with a new look, easy to use.
- Mapping of touch functions for unimpaired sight citizens.
- “Silent call” function, to allow citizens to call 112 even when they are unable to speak.
- You can choose to call 112 directly or select the emergency service you need, by using the “voice call” menu, to make the process more efficient.
- Added interactive tutorial to guide users through the app’s functions on screen.
- Add your photo in the user profile menu.
- The emergency number changes automatically with the Country you’re in (e.g. if you are in the U.S.A., the app will propose 911 instead of 112).